Fire breaks out in Victorville home

VICTORVILLE • A zero-clearance fireplace may have sparked a fire in a Victorville home Monday morning, forcing the evacuation of the family inside, according to San Bernardino County Fire officials. The exact cause of the blaze at the 13900 block of Smoke Tree Road near Green Tree Boulevard is still under investigation, but according to Battalion Chief Tracy Carleton the fire started in the attic adjacent to the gas-fueled fireplace. San Bernardino County Sheriff’s deputies arrived at the home at about 9:30 a.m. and evacuated the family, officials said. When firefighters arrived smoke filled the home.
Story By: Daily Press
Photos: SBCo FD

Leave a Reply