Residential Compost Blaze Damages 3 San Fernando Valley Homes

The spontaneous combustion of a residential compost pile during triple-digit heat on Wednesday afternoon, led to $76,000 in damage to a trio of San Fernando Valley Homes.

The Los Angeles Fire Department was summoned at 3:05 PM on August 8, 2012 to an outside fire in the 17300 block of Marlin Place in Lake Balboa. With ambient temperature hovering at an oppressive 105 degrees Fahrenheit, firefighters arrived swiftly to find the outside fire had extended into a pair of side-by-side garages at adjacent homes.

Read More

Leave a Reply