Thirteen students and a teacher at a Corona school were treated at hospitals Tuesday, Oct. 23, when a nauseous odor sickened dozens of people.
At 8:45 a.m., about 950 students were evacuated from Corona Fundamental Intermediate School at 1230 S. Main St. when a natural gas smell was reported, according to a Corona Fire Department news release.
Some people became ill. The Fire Department set up a mass-casualty triage operation to evaluate 51 people. Seventeen students were released to their parents, and 14 other people were taken to five hospitals.