Firefighters responded to a structure fire Wednesday morning at 1568 N. Hilltop Dr. in Santa Clara after a fire broke out in a shed, and then spread to a neighboring structure used as an in-home preschool.
The fire began just before 11 a.m., and was allegedly caused by a welding spark. –Read More
A man suffered burns in a two-alarm house fire in Millbrae Tuesday afternoon, a fire official said.
The incident was reported at 3:38 p.m. in the 1000 block of Helen Drive, according to the Millbrae Fire Department. –Read More
A man died in a fire at a home in the Oakland hills early Wednesday morning, a fire battalion chief said.
Firefighters responded around 4:50 a.m. to a report of smoke in the area of El Patio Street, a cul-de-sac off of Mountain Boulevard, Oakland Fire Battalion Chief James Bowron said. –Read More
At 12:05 AM on the morning of March 26th 2015, Long Beach Fire Department units responded to reports of a structure fire at 1086 Stanley Avenue. At 12:07 AM, while on patrol in the vicinity of the reported location, the Long Beach Police Department’s helicopter “FOX” arrived overhead and via radio, gave a verbal confirmation to incoming fire department units that there was in fact, heavy smoke coming out of the building. –Read More
A Fresno firefighter was hospitalized with severe burns Sunday after falling through a roof while battling a house fire, authorities said.
The firefighter, a 25-year veteran of the Fresno Fire Department, suffered second- and third-degree burns on 65 to 75 percent of his body, department spokesman Agapito Martinez said in a statement. –Read More
One woman was killed Friday after an early morning fire ripped through a Desert Hot Springs home.
The blaze was reported just after 1 a.m. in the 12700 block of Sumac Drive. Barbara McClure, 64, died from injuries related to the fire and three other adults who were in the home were hospitalized. –Read More
A hillside home set among the trees above Guerneville’s main drag burst into flames Wednesday afternoon, sending columns of fire and black smoke skyward as crowds of onlookers gathered to watch amid the blare of sirens. –Read More
A man who lived at the home attempted to extinguish the fire himself but ran away, according to Salcido.
He was initially unaccounted for by fire crews but later found blocks away by San Jose police, the spokesman said. –Read More
Firefighters rescued two sisters, one in a wheelchair, and their two Chihuahuas from their burning home filled with hoarder items Monday night, officials said.
The blaze broke out about 9:45 p.m. in the kitchen of a one-story home on Levante Street, near Romaria Street and was spreading into a hallway when firefighters got there, Carlsbad fire officials said. –Read More