IRVINE — A four-alarm fire in a large industrial building near Red Hill Avenue and MacArthur Boulevard required about 80 firefighters to put it out Saturday morning and forced police to close off several streets in the area.
Orange County firefighters were called to Trantronics, Inc., 1822 Langley Avenue, at about 11:30 a.m. and got there within four minutes, said Orange County Fire Authority Battalion Chief Kris Concepcion. Continue reading Four-alarm fire forces several street closures
Firefighters from all over Tulare County battled a major industrial fire Thursday night at Advanced Food Products dairy and food processing plant at Ben Maddox Way and Noble Avenue in Visalia.
Several battalions from the Visalia Fire Department were battling the fire from above on several truck ladders topped with firefighters aiming their hoses at the roof of the large structure. Large amounts of flames and black smoke shot out from the rooftop of the structure and could be seen from several blocks away. Continue reading Firefighters battle Visalia dairy processing plant inferno
ANAHEIM – A fire that broke out in a home office next to a kitchen severely damaged a house near the 57 and Ball Road and sent its two occupants to the hospital, Anaheim fire officials said.
Firefighters responded to the second-alarm blaze on the 1100 block of South Marjan Street at 5:15 p.m. Saturday. Continue reading Anaheim fire doused, two hospitalized
A small electrical fire caused about $5,000 in damage to a Turlock pet store Friday, but none of the animals was hurt. According to Turlock firefighter Kyle Dyke, employees at Pet Avenue on Geer Road reported a fire behind a fish tank display at 7:16 p.m. Firefighters found smoke and flames behind the tanks; the building’s sprinkler system had activated. Firefighters put out the fire quickly, then spent about 90 minutes removing as much water as they could. A restoration company was called, Dyke said.
ANAHEIM – A fire in the kitchen of a Jack in the Box early Wednesday morning caused a cloud of smoke visible from a half-mile away.
Fire department spokeswoman Maria Sabol said a grease fire was reported at 5:43 a.m. the Jack in the Box at 22100 S. Harbor Blvd. A total of 13 firefighters responded and had the fire under control in about 45 minutes, Sabol said. Continue reading Jack in the Box fire sends up cloud of smoke
A fire in northwest Fresno caused about $50,000 in damage to a home Friday night, but firefighters contained the fire to the attic and saved the rest of the house and belongings.
The fire was reported shortly after 11 p.m. at the southwest corner of Palm and Ashlan avenues. Continue reading Fire damages northwest Fresno home
A large barn in the middle of an apple orchard was destroyed by fire Saturday night, Cal Fire officials reported.
The large Resetar Brothers barn on the 200 block of Amesti Road was engulfed when firefighters arrived about 9 p.m., engineer Mike Urbani said.
Tenants in a home a couple of hundred yards away saw the blaze and called 911, he said.
No one was hurt, Urbani said. Continue reading Blaze destroys Pajaro Valley barn
WALNUT CREEK — No injuries were reported after firefighters contained a small fire within a half-hour Monday, a Contra Costa Fire District dispatcher said.
A single fire truck responded to the 8:48 p.m. call reporting a one-alarm fire burning in a single-story structure at 116 Las Lomas Way, on the corner of Walnut Avenue. Continue reading Walnut Creek fire quickly contained
A fire displaced a Desert Hot Springs family of three, a Riverside County Fire Department spokeswoman said today.
Firefighters responding to Saturday’s 9:36 p.m. alarm reported the house in the 32000 block of Buena Vista Avenue “well-involved” and had the blaze controlled by 9:49 p.m., Melody Hendrickson said.
A woman and her teenage son and daughter were unharmed but displaced, Hendrickson said. American Red Cross workers offered the family vouchers for temporary lodging, she said. Continue reading Family homeless after Desert Hot Springs house fire