One person was injured in an apartment fire Tuesday night in central Fresno, authorities said.
The blaze started on a stove top around 9:23 p.m. in a second-floor apartment on the 4200 block of North Hughes Avenue near Ashlan Avenue, fire engineer Rich Willard said.
The resident tried to put the fire out, but was burned. As the apartment filled with smoke, the man jumped from the second floor to escape, Willard said. Continue reading One hurt in central Fresno apartment fire
Hot tar being used to repair a roof sparked a three-alarm fire that damaged an office building at 1155 W. Shaw Ave. west of Palm Avenue at 2:16 p.m. Wednesday.
A worker who was heating tar with a torch saw smoke coming from the attic, Fresno Fire Department spokeswoman Shandra Solis said. The worker tried to put out the fire, but it quickly spread throughout the attic of the building.
Everyone was evacuated from the building and there were no injuries. Total loss to the building and contents was listed at $450,000. Continue reading Crews battle 3-alarm fire in NW Fresno
Captain Brian Price of the Fresno Fire Department says, “One of the unique things about firefighters, we may not be the best at anything, but we’re pretty good at just about anything.”
A good quality among men headed to utter devastation in Haiti.
“We’re not going with any set agendas, like we have to be the one’s escorting the baby out of the deal. What we are, we’re servants. We want to be used. If that be passing out diapers or shoveling dirt- that’s awesome. We want to be used in any way we can,” he adds. Continue reading Fresno Firefighters Head to Haiti
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) — Firefighters are looking for an arsonist who set two fires on the Bullard High School campus.
The suspect targeted the baseball field and a plastic trash can on the school grounds in Northwest Fresno.
It happened on Christmas Eve or early Christmas day.
Firefighters say the Astroturf inside the dugouts at Mike Noakes Field is charred. They say someone poured an ignitable liquid and then set it on fire, but the damage wasn’t major.
Story and media by abclocal