Tag Archives: house fire

Pinyon house fire under investigation

Flames were shooting through the roof of a house in the rural Pinyon Pines area when firefighters arrived today, a Riverside County firefighter said.

The fire was reported at 9:38 a.m. at 69710 Pinon Drive in Pinyon Pines, a mountaintop settlement about 20 miles southwest of Palm Desert. Riverside County Fire dispatched six engine crews, including 23 firefighters, to the residence. Continue reading Pinyon house fire under investigation

Family homeless after Desert Hot Springs house fire

A fire displaced a Desert Hot Springs family of three, a Riverside County Fire Department spokeswoman said today.

Firefighters responding to Saturday’s 9:36 p.m. alarm reported the house in the 32000 block of Buena Vista Avenue “well-involved” and had the blaze controlled by 9:49 p.m., Melody Hendrickson said.

A woman and her teenage son and daughter were unharmed but displaced, Hendrickson said. American Red Cross workers offered the family vouchers for temporary lodging, she said. Continue reading Family homeless after Desert Hot Springs house fire

Fire breaks out in Dora St. home

A home on South Dora Street was likely destroyed in a fire that broke out Tuesday morning.

Engines from Ukiah Valley Fire District and the Ukiah Fire Department responded to the blaze in the 1600 block of S. Dora around 11:30 a.m. Responders said the single occupant of the home, a woman, escaped from the residence with a dog as the fire started. Continue reading Fire breaks out in Dora St. home

Firefighter injured in house fire [Video]

A firefighter was hurt early Tuesday morning while trying to put out a fire at a home in east Bakersfield.

It happened just after midnight on Gage Street near Dolores Street.

Firefighters tell us a family of five woke up to the smell of smoke and found the back of their house in flames. The family was able to get out safely, but fire officials say a firefighter was shocked by some electrical wires. Continue reading Firefighter injured in house fire [Video]

Discarded cigarette ash caused house fire in Redding

Discarded cigarette ash into a trash can is being blamed for a house fire late Tuesday night that caused about $210,000 in damage, investigators said this morning.

Redding firefighters responded around 11:15 p.m. Tuesday on Third Street off Bechelli Lane.

Power lines were also down, and an ambulance was sent to the scene to help Dan Hubartt, who was injured and suffered minor burns.

The power lines were secured around 11:46 p.m. Continue reading Discarded cigarette ash caused house fire in Redding

House Fire Sends One Person To Hospital

No one was in the house when the fire started; one of the teens that lives in the house was down the street when a neighbor asked if he had a bar-be-cue burning behind his house.

He told them he was not using the bar-be-cue and ran home to find smoke coming from rear of house. He ran into the house and to his bedroom where he noticed smoke coming out around the bedroom door.

When he opened the door, the fire flashed singing his hair. He was taken to the hospital with minor smoke inhalation and to be checked out.

The teen told fire investigators that he had several electronic devices in his room such as TV, stereo, satellite receiver and electronic game systems. They were in the area where the fire started.