The latest call came in around 7:15 p.m. and firefighters quickly knocked down the house fire within minutes, Battalion Chief Nathan Cooke said. –Read More
A firefighter suffered second-degree burns while battling a three-alarm fire at a vacant fourplex Tuesday.
San Bernardino City firefighters received a call of the blaze in the 3400 block of East 21st Street at 10:45 a.m., said fire spokesman Mike Arvizo. –Read More
The blaze caused about $22,000 in damage, according to Battalion Chief Michael Jones. He did not confirm that the burning candles caused the fire. –Read More
Firefighters from Oxnard, Ventura, the county and the naval base responded to the blaze about 10:55 a.m. It took place in a two-story building consisting of dental and medical businesses near Lantana Street and West Gonzales Road, said Oxnard fire Battalion Chief Darwin Base. –Read More
There were no reports of injuries, but PG&E shut down power in the immediate area of the 1800 block of Second Street because electrical wires were affected by the blaze, said Berkeley Fire Chief Gil Dong. –Read More
The Kern County Fire Department received multiple calls about a structure fire around 10:14 a.m. Sunday morning in the 1500 block of Rench Road in Oildale.
Firefighters say four fire engines and two ladder trucks were dispatched to the area, and they reported a detached garage that was approximately 500 square feet on fire. –Read More
One firefighter suffered second degree burns to his face and ear, the other had an arm injury. Both were taken to a hospital. –Read More
Firefighters responded to a call of a fire in the 1600 block of Olive Avenue around 11:30 a.m. when a passerby noticed smoke coming from the home. –Read More
Residents of a large condominium complex were awakened early Friday morning to the smell of smoke from one of the trash facilities and laundry rooms. Firefighters made access through one of the gates of the complex and found a large dumpster and surrounding structure fully ablaze.
Flames from the dumpster consumed a wooden roof structure and spread into the attached laundry room. –Read More
It took firefighters about an hour to extinguish a commercial structure fire late Thursday morning at a particle board manufacturing plant, fire officials said.
Firefighters arrived at the business at 1050 W. Rialto Avenue around 10:30 a.m. to find smoke billowing out of the air-duct system on the warehouse, fire captain Jason Buchanan said. –Read More.